Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Amazing Day(s)

OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm going to let Heath update our time at the wild
animal game park because he'll do a better job. BUT I just have to
let you all know that the day has moved to the list of TOP 5 FAVORITE
EXPERIENCES OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!! Thank you for praying for us! The
only thing we DIDN'T see that was on the list of "want to see" was a
leopard/cheetah. The day felt really miraculous as we saw crocodiles
before we even got into the park (Judah wanted to see crocs first), a
giraffe right inside the gate (I wanted to see giraffes first and I
about hyperventilated), a LION sitting on the side of the road (a male
lion just resting there waiting for us!), Elephants with a baby (Abiel
wanted to see one push over a tree and it did!!), and then the random
guy who told us which road to go down to find 5 rhino (Heath's biggest
desire). IT WAS AN UNBELIEVABLE EXPERIENCE!! And all those were
within just a few feet of our car window! And that's not all we saw:
hippo, zebra, deer, kudu, springbok, monkeys, baboons, wart hogs,
beautiful birds, and babies of almost all of them!! And the kids did
FABULOUS in the car from 6 AM to 7 PM! That in itself was a miracle!
I'm sure Heath will write a better description but I didn't want to
keep all of you waiting for a good update when I know so many of you
are to thank for praying those animals into our pathway yesterday!!

Pictures to come later! We were unbelievably blessed by our hosts as
they let us use their car for FREE instead of renting a car for the
day, AND they lent Heath their REALLY NICE BIG camera to take GREAT
pictures. He was like a kid in a candy store shooting hundreds of
pictures. The whole experience was from the hand of Jesus to our
family. Thanks so very much for being part of that day of fun for us!
We love you all,
emie

4 comments:

Anna said...

That is so cool!!! Jesus is the giver of good gifts - that is wonderful that he put all those animals in your way!
I can't wait to see pics!

C and G said...

Isn't our God good! What a sweet, tangible way to see his glory!!! Even the rocks . . . and lions . . . and giraffes . . . and hippos CRY OUT!

Sharon Wolstencroft said...

Just reading your stories brings tears to my eyes...Wow wow wow! I know I'm late to discover this..but want to say Thank you for sharing, I'm so so happy for you-how wonderful is our awesome Creator God-giver of ALL good gifts. (Sharon who came to Pemba just before you went on your vacation!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Emie,
I am on Janis' computer and was looking at your blog. Burdened to pray for the health of your family. Burdened to pray for your youngest. I would love to get on your email list cpeterson@multnomah.edu. Could you include me. Thanks so much.
"Fear not, for I am with you..I will strengthen you, I will help you...
love to you, Carol Peterson