Friday, October 26, 2007

Judah prays for Healing

The last few days Judah and I (Heath) have been playing a lot of dodge ball, a lot. Though it has brought a lot of laughs and excerise it has left my arm aching. We are using a soft foam ball so when I throw it at neck breaking speed it doesn't knock him unconscience. As a result of throwing a light ball fast my wrist has started to hurt after three straight days of playing. One night it finally got so bad I could not apply any kind of pressure to it without whining like a baby. I do have a low pain tolerance but this was over the top.
I was lying in bed with Judah and the crazy thought came to me to have him pray for it. So I did. He calmly wrapped his hands around my wrist and said very softly, "In Jesus name I command this pain to leave now!"
My wrist was instantly healed and I have not had a problem or pain from then on. I actually completely forgot until yesterday when I realized I needed to tell others.
Praise the Lord.

SIDE NOTE: If Judah's prayer raises any theological red flags, I would love to discuss them with you. Please email me your thoughts. Before you write though meditate on the Atonement of Christ (what he did) and see what Jesus' will really is concerning healing, the passage when the lame man is lowered through the roof (mk 2:1-12) and Jesus proves it is easier to heal than to forgive, and let's throw Galatians 3 in there, "does God do miracles among you because you believe or becuase you obey?"

Blessings and the more you pray for healing the more healings you will see (just a hint)!
Heath

6 comments:

Phillip Erickson said...

Heath:

I've been meaning to write, and I will write a more thoughful reply later, but I just caught up with your blog while eating lunch.

Yes, I do have a theological "red flag" on Judah's prayers for healing.

Matt 18:1-4 -

"1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

So, I see a "red flag" warning me to become like a child, to have the faith of a child, so that I will be sure to ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

Love to you and Emie,

Phillip Erickson
Sedalia, CO
phillip@ericksonfamily.us
(Matthew and I visited Pemba in June)

Toni said...

Yes!! The simple faith of children is SO powerful!! Don't stop Judah man!!

Kara said...

That is so awesome! Judah man, you and Jesus together!

Anonymous said...

Judah thats so awesame!!!
Keep up the good work little man!
-hannah

Mrs. Incredible said...

I agree! Awesome Judah, never forget it and keep on making more memories of you and Jesus together.
Love you guys!
Jenni

Jess and Eddy said...

He was, He is and He will always be!!! Our Jesus is ready to perform miracles and take all the pain from us at any time!!! Give us life and abundantly life Jo 10:10!!! Keep going little preacher!!!Blessings!!