Thursday, December 13, 2007

Wonder Bread for monkeys

Today I was sitting out at the pool watching the kids swim when I looked over to see a monkey eating a slice of bread. It finally dawned on me that he got it from our kitchen. It was if he was sitting there mocking us feasting on his snack.

I stood up and he made a direct shot for our side door. I took off running after him to save the house from being taken over by monkeys. Instead of going in he went up the windows onto the roof. I grabbed the water gun and loaded my ammunition. The kids were out of the pool and looking on the roof to see the little rascal when another monkey came out of the kitchen window holding his slice of wonder bread.

I redirected my attack towards this culprit as I did he changed his course and headed straight for the kids. Abiel went left, Judah went right and Asher (who was smaller the the monkey) went left/right only to be "dancing" with the monkey. He was stuck.

I was in hot pursuit (fully loaded mind you) and gave him the best shot from my "Stream Machine" only to speed his progress towards Asher.

Fortunately the monkey went more right and grazed by a stunned Asher and quickly climbed up the roof back into the trees behind the house.

SO this Christmas keep your windows shut and never let a monkey dance with your kid.
Heath

1 comment:

Mrs. Incredible said...

Wow, the excitement,too bad this wasn't caught on video. You would have definately won on America's Funniest Home Videos.