Sunday, January 27, 2008

Trust and Faith

Here I am again, on the edge of the cliff I asked God and Heath to take me to 10 years ago! I have been begging God to give me more faith and ability to trust as we prepare to jump one more time. I don't want to worry my way through this next transition. I want to SOAR in FAITH with great expectation of what He will do, not flounder in fear of what MIGHT happen if he doesn't come through! So in the begging, I am looking at every turn for examples in the natural of what faith and trusting in God looks like in the supernatural.
My favorite picture is from Heath and Asher in the pool. The other day as Asher was on his tummy "superman style" being propelled through the water by the strength of his Papa, I was reminded that this was true trust. Asher doesn't know how to swim. But he wasn't doing ANYTHING in that deep water to keep himself afloat except trust that his Papa was going to hold him up. He wasn't even holding on! He was just enjoying the ride.
Then I remembered a moment from my childhood. My dad was trying to teach my younger brother how to swim (sorry little brother!!). I remember my brother holding on to my dad's neck for dear life and begging him to take him to the edge!! He was NOT enjoying himself and in fact, I think he left a few scratch marks on my dad's neck! That would be the picture of worry and fear.
I have had moments in the last few days where I am definitely leaving claw marks on Abba's neck and I'm screaming in his ear to find some edge for me to put my feet firmly on. But as I'm praying for more faith and trust, he is teaching me again how to take my thoughts captive. The more I think of what He has miraculously done for us in the last 10 years and the more I meditate on who HE IS as my God and my Abba, the more relaxed I get. That's when I can almost feel like I'm letting go and enjoying the ride!

So that's trust. But what about faith? Well, I felt like God said that faith would be the same picture only Papa is invisible in the pool. Asher could only hear Heath's voice and still be able to get on his tummy and trust the strong hands of his daddy to propel him through the water even though his eyes couldn't see him! Hmmmm. That would look like insanity to any onlooker. A two year old jumping into a pool because he says his daddy is in there!! Then it would look miraculous if he really was afloat "superman style" being propelled through the water with no effort of his own!
So that's where we are. We believe Abba is in the pool and we believe we hear him asking us to jump in once again. To you, it might look (once again) like insanity! I think faith generally does appear to be insanity to the onlooker. But I am determined to exercise faith AND trust this time. Faith is urging me to jump one more time and trust allows me to enjoy the water without having a death grip on Abba's neck! And once again, I am sure it will appear miraculous to all the onlookers!

But, I'm still learning . . . . soooooo, PLEASE pray for me! I love you all! Thanks for your love and support!

Emie

No comments: