Thursday, April 5, 2007

"Steak . . . it's for the baby!"



Well, I am realizing each new day why no one Skypes us, it is because you are all on bed when we are on the internet. For example, I am sitting here on a beautiful sunny day around lunch time typing away on our blog and you are all on bed snoring. I am ok with this but I guess I will need to find a better time to check emails.
We are adjusting better each new day and now it feels as if we (or I should speak for myself), have been here for months. I love it and the odd things of living in Africa are becoming normal. The simple fact that it is cooling off is wonderful.
Emie went to the 5 STAR resort last night with some of the women to celebrate a birthday. She come home and shared with me that she had steak, and tried to justify it by saying it was for the baby!

Speaking of Baby! The test was positive and we are having number four. Hallelujah!!! She is due in November and feels healthy.
I guess we are going to try and have her (we think the baby is a girl) here in Mozambique. More details come as they come.

Bless all of you and thanks for the prayers.

The picture is Heath putting chicken wire over the mesquito net to add extra security. The skin diesase is just sweat pouring over his head and not leprosy. The tomato red on his back is from the great sun burn he recieved from the big ball of fire located out in space.


Blessings
Heath

2 comments:

kristal said...

hey locke family! this is kristal from multnomah and i stumbled upon your site through the linharts' blog. i am very glad i did because i had no idea you all were in africa....wow! i so appreciated emi's honesty and her writing was such an encouragement to me as a mom struggling with all the modern conveniences i could ask for. you all have been on my heart and in our prayers as a family. please keep the writing and pics coming...they are a blessing to me and remind me to pray for you guys. and...congratulations on news of the new member of the family!

matt & cheryl said...

CONGRATULATION on Locke #6!!! love you guys