Monday, April 16, 2007






Well, I have stumbled upon a deal of a life time, Chickens. Yes, I went in on a plan with a friend and purchased 30 chicks. They only cost me $1 a piece, but since I have never purchased poultry before I could have been ripped off. There is a man from Zimbabwa who is hatching chicks and creating feed, for local farmers and educating them on how to raise healthy chickens. It is a great program and a easy way to bring the Gospel, which he does.

So now we could have 25 healthy eggs a day or at least half. The kids have really gotten behind the idea and are taking up the slack. So I built a coop and we are ready to scramble.

I have begun to get my feet wet in the Kingdom here. I walked to a widows house last week to see where she lives so we could build her a new house, the only problem is that I was lost the whole time. So today I am going to take someone with me who may know where she lives, then we will start tomorrow on the house. We have about 15 visitors who will get their experience of a lifetime.

Well, my friend just walked in to go to her house so I will get back to you on it.

Bless to you all.


Heath

2 comments:

Anna says said...

Congrats on the chickens! And most of all, the new BABY!

Emie, we are praying for you!

Love you all, so proud of you, too!

Love,
Anna and Teruah

Joce said...

Wow! Everytime I think of you guys I cry tears of joy! You're family is such an inspiration to us. I know, Emie, you've been going through soooo very much since in Africa, but I can read through your words, how much the Lord is working in you. I LOVE all that the Lord is doing for you guys and I know it's just the beginning. We're super excited about baby #4! Congratulations! We love you all! We enjoy all the updates.
Jocelyn and all the boys